Tuesday, February 07, 2006

CNY, CNY, CNY!

I guess I have to agree with Slenz that I too don't like attending friend's wedding nor visit my relatives during chinese new year. You will get all the annoying questions hovering around your ears nonstop like a recorder playing over and over again. For instance, this lunar new year, I was back to Kuching and managed to visit some relatives and attend a friend's wedding. I got 'D Questions!'

Question 1: "You got girl friend oledi or not ah?"
Perfect Answer : "Unfortunately no because you never introduce your daughter to me!"

Question 2: "See you friends, one by one getting married oledi, when is your turn ah?"
Perfect Answer : "Hmm.. I guess I'm too smart to risk my freedom, don't you agree with me?" (plus an evil grin)

Question 3: (same like Slenz) "How much your company pay you ah?"
Perfect Answer: "Peanuts! Enough for me to buy a ticket to come back for Chinese New Year!"

Question 4: "Aiyo, it is a waste if you don't open your own clinic lar"
Perfect Answer: "What to do? You've channel all your finances to Magnum."

Question 5: "Eh, you don't want to come back to Kuching ah? What is so nice about KL?"
Perfect Answer: "Didn't you know that I was exiled?"

Now, those are the common questions that I got from friends and particularly relatives. That's is one of the reason why I am so freak out with CNY, endless QUESTIONS and relatives can't wait to see you to your grave - Marriage. Argh! Please! Save me the questions and just gimme the Ang Pow!

No comments: